Most common sports injuriesPosted by: admin | Posted on: November 2, 2020
We all love to watch sports with family and friends on large TV with popcorns but it is not easy for sportsmen and women to play. Their profession demands them a lot of energy and dedication. They have to move a lot due to which they get many injuries. Some of them are very scary but some of the most common sports injury are:
- Sprain: Your two bone are connected by fibrous tissues, ligaments. Sprains are injuries in which ligaments are damaged. Sportsmen get sprain when they stretch their hands and legs more than the limit due to which the ligaments or fibrous tissues are deformed. Tennis players are known to get sprain frequently.
- Strain: Your bones and muscles are connected to each other by tendons or muscle fibre. Injury to those fibre is called strain. The cause of strain is over-usage of muscles. When a tennis player stretch his arm more than its capability then he or she can get strain. Therefore, strain is also called pulled muscles.
- Concussion: Concussion is that sport injury in which brain is affected when a sportsman has a blow on head. They feel as if their brain is shaken inside the skull. It is common but serious injury; therefore, it is advised to sportsmen and women to talk to their trainer and doctors instantly when they face it.
- Shin Splints: Shin splints in the excessive pain in lower leg bone. In majority of the cases, footballers and athletes have shin splints because they are required to run a lot because of their field and profession. The sufferers are recommended to rest a lot and do icing to get well soon.
- Tennis Elbow: Tennis players move their wrist and hand in same positions most of the time due to which their tendons can injured a lot and it becomes too painful to move wrist. This condition is known as tennis elbow. The injury can be treated by doing rest and icing. Nowadays, medication is also used to treat it.
- Shoulder injury: Although shoulder seems strong joint, it is a weak joint. That’s the reason why many of the athletes damage their shoulders easily. According to doctors, they injured the shoulders because of lack of flexibility and strength.
So these are six most common sports injuries that cause a lot of pain and stress. It is required for athletes to visit sports medicine Dubai to get medications and consult the best rehab center Dubai to get the best treatment.